I went to see Dr. Lloyd at 9:30am today. I had made some progress, baby’s head was way down and I was now 2 cm dilated. However, I was not in labor and you never know how long you can stay that way or even it all of a sudden you just jump into full labor. I went back to work, with my mind racing wondering if this boy was going to come today or not. Before, you know it around 12pm I stated to feel a more regular pattern of contraction. I already added a contraction counter to my phone so I pulled it out and put it to use. As I recorded the contractions, they were coming at an average of 8 minutes apart. I continued to time them for 1.5 hours. At that point, I had a strong feeling I needed to contact B so that they could get ready and head to Houston from Dallas. I am not a worried type of person, so I was quite calm and unsure if this was actual full labor or it would fade out. However, I want the parents here and I do not want to have a rushed situation like last delivery. I did not even realize how far into labor I was and when I started to count contractions they were already 3 min apart and I was basically fully dilated as we headed to hospital.
I was getting excited for B and D, their baby might be here today for them to hold. I was also so excited to see them, it has been several months. After talking to B, she waited for D to get home and they headed my way. I was going to wait for my husband to pick me up from school, but realized I could just drive home while he drove home from work and we could leave from the house. We had to get my bag anyway. We contacted and made arrangements we needed. After we contacted our children, Madison said we had to pick her, she was coming with us. Then, to our surprise Anthony texted back to say he was coming too!! We picked them up from school on our way to the Hospital.
We got checked in and into a room. The nurse informed me that they did not have all my surrogacy information such the pre-birth order and parent info on file. I was surprised because the lawyer always sends the pre-birth order. I did realize that we did not get the parent registration done as we normally do that when they come for an ultrasound. This go round was difficult for them to come and that step got missed. Luckily, the lawyer faxed over pre-birth order and turns out even e-mailed back in Aug. B was able to get registration complete over the phone as they headed to Houston. This was good news and I am thankful to have that part out of the way. Without pre-birth order the parents cannot be with the baby after delivery and you have a longer paperwork process ect. Without the hospital registration and plan of action for delivery and after, things will not happen we hope. For example the parents cannot get wrist bands to see the baby, a room to stay in at the hospital and have baby in the room. I sure did feel silly, for not remembering to get this part done, after all this is my 5th surrogacy.
After the nurse checked me, I was only 3cm. The contractions had slowed down and were now 15-20 min apart. She said they would monitor me for about 2 hours to see if I progress and Dr. Lloyd would be there soon to check on me also. They stared and IV of fluids. This would help to determine if I was dehydrated and thus in false labor. Dr. Lloyd came in to check on me. I was still only 3 cm and the contraction were still too far apart 20 min…for me to be in active labor. This meant they had to discharge me from the hospital. I can not be induced with medicine because I want to have a vaginal birth after having a c-section (VBAC). Medicine would cause the uterus to overreact and stress it out which can be dangerous. I did ask, if he could help by at least breaking water. He said not with the contractions so far apart and no progress going on.
So, we left the hospital and stopped to get some dinner since it was rush hour traffic time. I called B to let her know. They were about halfway to Houston. They decided to head back home just incase this all fades and does not turn into active labor. I will just keep them fully updated and they will head back anytime needed 🙂 All part of quite the crazy adventure we have had together.
I started to walk when we got home, but still no good pattern of contractions. The mystery continues, when will this boy arrive.